Data We Collect
Each visit to a page on our website is logged on the server our website is hosted on. Data collected in relation to your visit includes:
- Your IP address.
- Your user agent string.
- The URL visited.
- The date/time of the visit.
This information is stored for security purposes and to ensure our service is able to remain online in the event of a malicious attack or hardware/software error. It may be used to identify and mitigate potential Denial of Service (DoS) attacks against our website, for example.
Cookies – analytics and affiliate programs
Oyeball an affiliate of third-party service providers, including Amazon. When you click on an outbound link to a website we are an affiliate of, this may create a cookie in your browser or device detailing when the visit was made. The date and time of the click may be used by the retailer to determine whether Lift Your Game is entitled to a commission for any purchase(s) made by the user in the days after the initial visit to the external website.
Oyeball offers services whereby users can sign up to a) interact with site administrators/writers/other users or to b) access exclusive content/offers/services.
For blog comments and queries sent from the contact page, the following information is collected and stored on our servers in order to administrate comments (approving/denying them) and to reply to user enquiries.
- Your comment/message.
- Your email address.
- Your IP address.
- Your website URL (if provided).
For email sign-up forms, the following information is collected and stored with a third-party email provider:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- The date/time you submitted the email signup form.
This data is used for the purposes of sending occasional offers, news and other content (related to Lift Your Game) to your email address. In the event that you no longer wish to receive such emails, you may unsubscribe and have your data removed from our email list.
How We Use Data
Oyeball may use the aforementioned data for purposes including:
- Carrying out the service provided by Oyeball. For example, using the requested URL to serve you the correct web page.
- Communicating with users. For example, notifying you when a blog comment is approved. In certain circumstances, this may include other vital communications that the user has not explicitly signed up for, such as changes to the way Lift Your Game operates or interacts with its users. We will only communicate with users in such a way if absolutely necessary.
- Improving/updating the services we offer.
- Meeting any possible legal obligations or requests by regulators/law enforcement, including those required by legal proceedings.
- Carrying out a merger, acquisition or sale of the service and/or acquiring other services.
- Protecting the rights, value and safety of Lift Your Game and/or its users.
- Reporting on website performance.
User data may be utilized by third parties as a consequence of using our service.
- Analytics processing services may collect and store information related to your visit to our website, like your browser, country, and pages visited. This information is not personally-identifiable and is stored anonymously.
- Businesses that provide oyeball with services necessary to run our service (like mail or web hosting) may store some user data, like contact form messages and your email address/name.
- In the event that oyeball is acquired by another entity/business, the user data we have stored at that moment will become the property of the new owner(s) of the service. Anonymous metrics used in measuring website performance may be shared in negotiations for the sale of the service.
- Oyeball may share user data with other entities as required to by law enforcement, state/federal regulators and/or other legal proceedings.
Plugins used to provide our service may query external APIs to show you information on a webpage. In some circumstances, the external service running the API may see your IP address and/or the browser you’re using.
Particular care is taken to keep personally-identifiable information (like your email address and name) private. For example, data transmitted to and from our site is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Oyeball will never share your data with or sell it to third parties except in the possible circumstances outlined above.